Federal Tax Credit
As a part of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act (2008), solar investment tax credits (ITC) are aimed to assist the purchase of clean and renewable energy technology along with energy efficient improvements. When you buy a Solar System you are entitled receive 30% of the system cost as a tax credit. This one-time incentive is designed to carry over if not applied fully to the first year. The solar (ITC) is only payable to the system owner in order to promote investment in green energy for residences and commercial sites.
Benefits of Ownership:
- Receive full tax incentive
- No dependence on rising utility costs
- Agency to decide on selling your house with increased value and marketability of attached solar system
- Solar Energy is not regulated by a third party utility company
- Fixed monthly payments for a limited agreed upon term
- Be a part of the current growth of globally benefiting renewable energy usage.
“Buyers were willing to pay $15,000 more for a home with the average-size solar [PV] system (3.6 kilowatts), or about four additional dollars per watt of solar power” – Solar Power World